Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sew It's Easter



I dropped the weekly challenges yesterday, one of my favorite challenge days, to work on a quick turn around ATC swap done through Alpha Stamps. A 3 for 3 swap. The card shape is an ATC with the edges cut to make the card egg shaped.

I received some fantastic images (more like German scrap) Easter themed in my latest Paula’s Kit club so I decided to use those along with the Doodled Bird and an Ornamental Corner from Alpha Stamps.

To make the background for the egg ATC I used 4 different colors of Sparkeling H2O’s (so yes, it shimmers). I then glued down the egg images and stamped using Brown ink, so some of the stamp overlaps the images. With that done I then hand stitched around the egg using pink shimmery DMC floss. In between the stitching I placed miniature pearls. To finish it off I cut out an image of a spool, wrapped some of the floss around it and 3D’ed it.

I hope you enjoy them and I can’t wait to see what I get in return. I really like my eggs, kinda hard for me to see them go.

Enjoy
Caro


Here is a close up of one of the three, click on either image to enlarge.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Caroline these eggs are sooo pretty. You did a great job!!

Annapurna said...

When I saw these, I said to my husband who was on his computer "this girl is talented!"

Nice work. Who watches the baby while you work on these masterpieces? I would have a hard time letting go of these too.

Liz said...

Ooh these are absolutely gorgeous!

Liz x

Tracy K said...

These are just lovely

Elisabeth said...

These eggs are absolutely beautiful!