Thursday, February 7, 2008

Glittery Snow Bunny


Well, were home from our fantastic ski trip in Idaho. We visited Grand Targee Ski Resort for almost an entire week. During that week it snowed every single day! I have never seen that much snow before and I’ve been skiing there for almost 10 years now. It was incredible, the best skiing we’ve ever had. Anyway I know you can’t tell much from the first picture but it is an image up the mountain from the base camp. We or maybe the locals, I’m not sure, has nicknamed the mountain the Grand Foggy…but trust me on a clear day it is really far up there.

DH was really disappointed that I would not undo
all my skiing paraphernalia for a picture so this is as good as it gets. But I mean come on it was like 10 degrees and the wind was blowing and look at all the snow coming down all around me. There was no way this southern girl was going to let any more of her skin be touched by the fridged Idaho air…

I don’t know why he gave me such a hard time…he’s all bundled up in the only picture I have of him. We are on our way up the lift before the snow has started falling. You can see behind us that there is still a ton of snow and absolutely no one on the mountain. We practically had the entire thing to ourselves…it was great.



Kudzoo was an absolute doll the entire time we were there even though she was cutting her first tooth…thank goodness that finally happened, I really was worried I was going to have to invest in baby dentures…not to mention I was tired of mashing up her food. Anyway, she posed for the camera like a champ making it very difficult for me to select what pictures to post. Here are a few of my favorites, let me know if you would like hard copies.





A not so funny story about her gloves. DH and I were taking her to daycare one morning and she started to absolutely lose it…and not in a good way. We had no idea what could be wrong. Did we overdress her? Was something pinching her? We tried and tried to figure it out, then we took off her mittens, not the ones in the photo. Her hands were absolute ice cycles. So during a skiing break DH and I went to look for her an appropriate pair. Of course DH had to make sure they were water proof, that they would not scrunch her fingers etc etc…


So we pick her up at daycare and present her with her new gloves. And we are off and running, she is all over the snow…and not a tear in sight. I guess she is just too southern for the Idaho temperatures…like her mother.









I know I’ve been talking about how cold it is. For some of you that is incomprehensible but check out how pink my cheeks are in this photo. Remember I had my goggles on all day and I still look like I’ve been colored with a pink crayon…











On our last day we took it easy…well we decided to fly to Utah that night and spend the night there. Anyway Uncle R. and Aunt S. drove us to Idaho Falls to catch our airplane. We stopped at the top of the pass for a last minute family photo shoot since we did not get any on the mountain because the cold air killed the camera’s battery. So here we all are at the top of the pass.































Aunt S. and Uncle R. really helped us out with Kudzoo. They even baby sat her one night so that DH and I could go out to dinner. It was fabulous! Thank you two for helping us out so much and for skiing with us…we really had a Great time.

Next time we visit the Mountain in the winter Kudzoo will be on skis’…can you believe it? I can’t wait to see that :)


No comments: