Saturday, February 16, 2008

Art Under Construction


Better late than never, for some reason or another I just couldn’t get to yesterday’s 4 x 4 Friday. You know how life creeps up on you sometimes.

The theme for yesterday’s 4 x 4 Friday was… “Doorways.”

I was so over the love theme with valentines finally behind me so I threw out my first idea of “Door to my Heart” and went with an under construction theme. The Door stamp is from Stampington &Co. and I gold embossed it. It is hard to tell but the sun image above the doorway is painted with orange sparkling H2O’s. The Word stamp on the right hand side is by Tim Holtz, it is actually the word Artist. I highlighted it with diamond glaze, my first use of this fabulous product.

I’m not so sure I followed the rules close enough because the word “construction” is hanging bellow my 4 x 4 making my overall image bigger…I really like the way it looks, kinda hanging like a “wet paint” sign so I didn’t change it.

I am open to any and all comments, always looking for growth.

Hope you enjoy
Caro

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!

Dawn said...

i haven't checked this challenge out but I love what you did. Great job!

SBS12

Ruby Claire said...

WOW this is GREAT i LOVE how you have attatched consruction! Totally cool!
[SBS12]

Sandy said...

Wow absolutely fabulous. Lovely work.

Liz said...

Hi, I've just found your blog though SBS 12 and I think your work is fantastic! I've awarded you the "You Make My Day" award, check out my blog...

Liz

Annapurna said...

Cool card. Your cards look like artwork. I guess that is what we all are aiming for. How and where do you get these images?
Anna

craftyrachel said...

I love what you have done. The layering is especially appealing. Great job!

vintage wil said...

wow this is i GREAT I LOVE IT!

Fiona said...

Love the wording you've put with it - great work

Livia Hajovsky said...

Fun art, I love it

Sarah said...

Great work!

Hope to see more of it now we're part of the SBS 12.

xx :0)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!
Patricia

3rdEyeMuse said...

Such a great architectural door - so appealing and the "ART" letters on the left are beautiful. :)