Sunday, June 30, 2013

Solving the Tea Question

Today is the due date for the Alpha Stamps Peek-A-Boo Card Swap and boy do I have some lovely pieces done by fabulous artists to trade out. 
 
The above image is not exactly a Peek-A-Boo Card but it is the second piece I made using the gorgeous supplies from Alpha Stamps this month.
I decided to play with one of my absolute favorite themes, Tea. 
I used the Black and White Tea Things Collage Sheet for this piece (printed on transparency).
To add color I painted alcohol inks onto the leaves, flowers and tea cups/pot. 
To add dimension I used the Purple and green Acrylic Flower Mix and some real tea leaves all crushed up. 
A bit of purple seam binding and some goodies from the Brass Tea Set and I am done with the front.  
Inside I created a pocket to hold a special treat, stamped a lovely design and added some images from the same collage sheet. 
 
Come join us as the Alpha Stamps yahoo group to swap, next month we are voting on what to do.

3 comments:

Holly M said...

O so lovely!

Ricki Treleaven said...

How cute, Caroline! I love the little pocket for the tea. You are so creative, my friend!

xo,
RJ

Judys Lace Creations said...

This little tea creation is GORGEOUS!! I love Tea themed things too.I have little cloth tea pots, real tea pots etc in various corners of my house.
New Follower.
Judy