Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Happy List ~ The light at the end of a long 2 weeks

 photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg
It is hard for me to admit that the reason I haven't taken part in Ricki's Happy List is well...things haven't been very happy here the past few weeks.
 
However I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! 
So today I am happy about.
 
Closing the door on my youngest daughter ear drama.  She stuck a navy bean in her ear and had to have it surgically removed along with her ear tubes replaced due to damage.  Today is her final check up appointment.
 
I am making great progress on the E Monsters Duvet. Right now I only have two more front panels to attach and then the back to put on.  I am hoping to finish it up this weekend.  This is a huge accomplishment for me since i am an entirely self taught sewer (can't call myself a seamstress).
 
This has been Mr. Glitter Tart's view for the past week, well it was raining and cold, but still.  Today he comes home and the girls and I are excited to see him.
 
Buttermilk Curry
You know how sometimes you end up having to buy something for a recipe and then have a ton left over.  Well that happened to me last week, I have a ton of buttermilk left.  But I am excited to say that I've found two recipes that will use it up and look fantastic. 
 
So tonight for dinner we will be having Buttermilk Curry over rice with Naan.
 
The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever
or so it claims to be
 Here is the second recipe I will be making with the Buttermilk, but what is really exciting about this one is that I am making it because my best friend in the whole wide world is coming to visit me this weekend! 
 
So I do have a lot to be happy about this week and boy am I glad that the past two weeks are behind me. 
 
So what's on your happy list?
Come Join Us 
 photo ArtatHomeButton_zps18898da7.jpg

4 comments:

Jolene said...

The duvet looks pretty. What a breath taking view. I am glad your daughter is on the mends. Great Happy List.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Thanks for linking up and there are ever any rules to My Happy List...just what makes you happy. I just meant that if anyone wanted to share in the Comments about their go-to activity for kids during summer when it's too hot to do anything outside I'd appreciate it!

Wow, you've had a week....and I almost didn't post My Happy list because I've been so sad for the poor folks in Oklahoma!

Let's have coffee after Memorial Day!

xo,
RJ

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness, I was a pediatric nurse and can't tell you how many kids put beans and peas in their ears...They should have warning labels on them! The duvet looks great, good for you , can't wait to see it done!

Carol

ACreativeDreamer said...

ANY chocolate cake made with buttermilk is great... I believe I even have a recipe somewhere that was my great grandmothers that was called "buttermilk cake"... Glad to hear the end is coming to the ear drama, always so very difficult when things like that happen to our children. I'd have to give a moment of contemplation to what would be on my happy list today... first day back to work after a LONG weekend... blech.