Friday, December 21, 2012

9 Dancing Ladies

 This year I look part in a very special swap, a 12 Days of Christmas Matchbox Ornament Swap. 
 There were some very specific rules, the only colors that could be used were white, cream, gold and silver. 
That of course was hard for me since I am an all out color girl when it comes to Christmas. 
 
  I do love a white Christmas look but that just isn't what happened in my house.  All my ornaments are bright retro glass ornaments.  But I do strictly adhere to an all white light tree.
 I found some gorgeous gold and silver marbled paper and white velvet ribbon.  I already had cream roses and ribbon and the dancer so I knew I had the makings of something.
After searching threw my stash I found some gold and silver jingle bells and some gold floral centers.  Then Voila an idea was formed.  I envisioned my dancer with bouquets being tossed in her direction.
Gold German Glass Glitter covers the dancers costume, and she is made out of Polymer clay (maybe not my best idea but I wanted her stronger than paper).
On the back I stenciled the number 9 and added a touch of the glass glitter
Since this is a special holiday swap we were asked to fill our matchboxes with goodies for the other participants.  I found some gorgeous dancing lady cabochons, and hand died some seam binding.  A few silver and gold beads finished off my gifts. 
 
I hope everyone likes what I made. 

2 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

I love mine, Caroline!
Thanks so much for doing the daily posts, they are great!
enJOY a Merry, Merry,
Kimberly

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, Caroline. I'm truly amazed, and I think you did an amazing job with the color limitations.....the textures are fantastic! :D