Saturday, October 8, 2011

On A Shoestring ~ Local Antique/Junk Shop


A few weeks ago my super sweet husband took me out for breakfast and to a local Antique store (the first I've been to in the area since moving).  With the move funds are tight but I saw a bunch of things I wanted needed.



So yesterday I went and added these precious 1960's prints to my collection.  The frames aren't in good condition but the pictures are just perfect for my little girls room.  And since framing was my first crafty endeavour I know I can fix them, or make new ones. 




Oh and they gave me a great deal when I said "I want the all or none at all!"  Half price!


But it was these goblets that had been keeping me up at night...calling to me...screaming actually :)  They are silver plate, but that's not a big deal to me, there is not a ding or a scratch on them.  I can't wait to polish them up and use them.  Look for them in an upcoming blog party!

So if you are in the area, make a trip over to On a Shoestring they have some great old windows, furniture, a few typewriters, tons of colored glass, and vintage jewelry.  It is a great place to stop!

3 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Caroline,
Love those goblets, look forward to seeing them put to use.
enJOY a lovely weekend,
Kimberly

Georgie Horn said...

I'm jeally!!

Ivy said...

Love the items you bought...love that kind of shopping! xo