Thursday, April 28, 2011

We have Strawberries...yum!

A few weeks ago my daughters and I made a rainbow garden and the green thumb bit my oldest. Every weekend since then she has wanted to plant something, and I've let her. Two weeks ago we went to Lowes and they had strawberries on sale, so that's what we got.

I'm not sure what this type of pot is really for but I have two and somewhere I thought I saw that they were strawberry pots (but then again that could all be in my imagination). So we

planted our strawberries and waited. The information said it would take 2 weeks for them to produce a strawberry, and right on time, we have a single strawberry! Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a 4 year old from picking it! I've never dealt with fruit before so I'm not sure when the best time to pick it is but I have a feeling it should get a bit bigger.


Anyway, she is loving all the gardening and we can't wait to eat our strawberries, even if I do have to split one three ways.

2 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

Your strawberries look delicious. I planted some this year in a similar pot too. There were several big berries already, but today I noticed that some of them are gone. My guess would be a squirrel got them ;-(

Fishtail Cottage said...

Agree with Olga! Delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's xoxo, tracie