Saturday, November 13, 2010

London 1900


It's another fabulous Circles of Friends swap. This time we tackled Steampunk, not so sure it's our thing but we are all glad we took a stab at it.

My last attempt at Steampunk I went with a city scape and tons of metal, sprockets and wire this time I wanted to go a bit more feminine.
The background is one of my acrylic washes, this one in blue then accented with gold twinkling H2O's (my photo sucks which upsets me b/c I already packed up the pieces so I can't take another one). Next I stamped the image and then went about embellishing her.

The words and sprockets are from Oxford Impressions. I gold embossed the sprockets and then added the rhinestones for her necklace. Originally i was going to add a miniature watch part on top of the gems but in the end I liked the piece better without it.





I made her goggles from some findings in the jewelry making section of Michael's that I painted gold with acrylic paint. Once they were dry I glued them on and added diamond glaze inside so it looks like real glass.

Her hairpiece is a gold wing for jewelry making that I added a paper flower to. I enhanced the flower with a bit of gold ink.

The finishing touches include aging the edges of the ATC and affixing the words with 3D tape.

No comments: