Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lutradur ATC class

This past weekend I took an ATC class from Lisa at La Femme Papier

We worked with lutradur, inks and paints. The challenge was to make cards using only solid color papers...allowing the lutradur, ink or paint to add the texture. For those of you that follow my art you know that part wasn't really a challenge for me...now if she had asked me to choose 3 coordinating decorative papers I would have been in trouble.

There were a few things that she showed us we could do with the Lutradur. Burn it, stain it with ink, or use it hole. Any of these three options could be combined.

I decided to burn and stain mine and then I tried to rip it...well the stuff doesn't really rip but I did manage.

I dry brushed a bit of iridescent white Luminere (sp?) paint onto my ATC and used the other inks to stain the word "change". I had a lot of fun making this ATC and I learned a lot. And the best part was we got to exchange our ATC's.

This is the exchanged ATC that I got. Lisa, the artist, used the same procedure I did, staining and dying the Lutradur. But she used it to cover the entire ATC. She has a shimmery gold paper behind the Lutradur and it really gives it great dimension.

I grabbed a few more sheets because I think it will make great spider webs for Halloween pieces, which one of these day's I'll get around to making.

If you live in the Concord CA area you really should check out these classes. Lisa plans on holding one a month.

1 comment:

Lisa Fulmer said...

what a lovely post, thanks so much for coming to ATC Club!! Hope to see you again soon!!