Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Bk 1)


Last year I was introduced to Patricia Briggs Mercedes Thompson books. I was immediately hooked by her writing style and the, new to me, urban fantasy category.

So, when she wrote a spin off from her first Mercedes Thompson book, Moon Called, I had to read it.

First she wrote a short story that appeared in a compilation book called On the Prowl. If you can get a copy of this book, I highly recommend reading the short story before Cry Wolf. However, I did not like any of the other stories in On the Prowl at all. Needless to say I was glad I didn't buy the book.

So, onto Cry Wolf. Well, I was disappointed. I like the main characters, Anna and Charles but the story was boring and slow compared to the Mercedes Thompson series. On top of that half the time it did not feel like it was even about Anna and Charles, the main story line having to do with a 200 year old witch and another werewolf in Charles father's pack. Everything that did take place, romance, deaths, character reactions were all believable.

If you are torn between the Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega Series (book 2 comes out in August of 2009) I would recommend the Mercy Thompson series.

No comments: