Monday, May 26, 2008

20 Cent Delivery


Today I attempted my first every Inchy and boy are they Hard!


Last week a member of Circle of Friends decided that for her next swap she would like to do Inchy's...I asked for a few site examples, not knowing the rules or really anything about this new craze. One of the sites she gave us was INCHBYINCH a challenge site. Thinking that a little practice is probably needed before I sign up for a swap I decided to try this Monday's challenge.


POSTAGE ART


The size is just so small my brain nor my stamps could quite grasp the concept LOL. Eventually this is what I came up with.


I used an image that Alpha Stamps sent me as a free gift. It is a postage stamp from somewhere...beats the heck out of me where though. I gold embossed a half circle down on the right hand corner and stamped an air plane in the upper left that I covered with diamond glaze. Then I attached a 2 and a 0 mirroring the 20 cent emblem (or at least that is what I am assuming it is) from the upper right corner. To give the inchy some stability I mounted the finished postage stamp on red card stock.
There is an added bonus from Purple Faerie Paper Crafts...hopefully for participating in this challenge...
Participate in Fiona Whiteheads (Inchy By Inch) Inchie Challenge #5 link your entry to her blog and this blog and you have officially been entered for this blog candy.Winner will be selected by a random number generator.Blog Candy is: 1 pack of Purple Faerie White Cardstock Inchie Blanks & 1 Purple Faerie Inchie Stamp. (Retail Value: $5.50 +shipping)
I've never won any blog candy...but then again I've never tried :)
I hope you enjoy...I plan on practicing a lot more...although I am pleased with my first Inchy
As always any and all comments/critiques are welcome
Thanks for looking
Caro

6 comments:

Rosie said...

I think it's a fab inchy! And all the more so because you only had ours to look at as a guide!! When I started making them a week ago, I found some brilliant sites on Paperfreindly (link in my sidebar), which were really helpful!
BTW - that ATC diptych is superb!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Excellent Inchie! I was a professional muralist, painting wall sized art, so you can imagine how difficult I found a one inch canvas to be! After a few for a swap, I enjoyed them so much that I joined several other Inchie swaps. I have a gallery of my Inchies on my blog if you want some encouragement to made more.
Creatively Yours, Laura

valerie said...

fantastic inchy well done on your first attempt

Fiona said...

This is brilliant - especially for a first one - look how much you've managed to get on it! I hope you're now hooked! Hope to see you again on the inchybyinch challenge! Don't forget to link back to purple faerie to be in with a chance for the inchy blog candy!

SueHart said...

Great first inchie. It's wonderful. xx

Timaree said...

I think it's the challenge of what can go on 1" that makes this so fun - and challenging. You did a really super job. Hope you stay with us and keep on making them.